Tokyo, Monday May 29, 2006: JAL will provide free transport of relief goods and aid personnel to Indonesia
following the earthquake on Java Island, Indonesia on May 27, 2006.
1. Transport of relief goods
JAL will transport free of charge relief goods and materials from non-profit public organizations in Japan at their request. This is applicable for all JAL Group operated international flights under the conditions below between May 30 to June 30, 2006.
- The shipper and consignee is a government approved organization
- Contact number of shipper and consignee is clear.
- Departure point and arrival point are at airports served by JAL.
- Customs clearance and surface transport at the departure point and arrival point have been arranged by the shipper.
- Shipments must not contain dangerous goods, live animals, or other restricted items.
- The airline will accept reservations
2. Transport of aid personnel
JAL will also provide free air transport for staff of organizations, such as the Japanese Red Cross, and other Japanese aid organizations that the airline has worked with in the past. This contribution will apply to all JAL Group operated international flights from May 30 to June 30, 2006.
From Tokyo, JAL currently operates one daily flight routed Narita-Jakarta-Denpasar- Jakarta- Narita. The airline also operates three Osaka-Denpasar flights per week. This schedule was introduced from October 2005 following a decrease in traffic resulting from the terrorist bombing on Bali Island on October 1, 2005.
JAL plans to reinstate its direct daily flights between Tokyo (Narita) - Denpasar (Bali), and direct daily flights between Tokyo (Narita) - Jakarta on July 1, 2006. From July 13, 2006 the airline will also resume daily services between Osaka (Kansai) - Denpasar.
For customer & general enquiries, please contact your local JAL office: www.jal.co.jp/en/information/inter/branch/
Journalists with media enquiries, please contact the press office: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 81-3-5460-3109 / Fax: 81-3-5769-6487/ www.jal.com/en/corporate/