Tokyo May 13, 2008: Japan Airlines (JAL) will provide from Japan free transport of relief goods and aid personnel bound for China following the powerful earthquake which hit south-western Sichuan province on May 12, 2008.
Transport of relief goods
JAL will transport free of charge relief goods and materials from non-profit public organizations in Japan at their request to destinations near to Sichuan province. This is applicable from May 16, 2008 to June 16, 2008 for all JAL Group operated international flights under the conditions below:
- The shipper and consignee is a government approved organization
- Contact number of shipper and consignee is clear.
- Departure point and arrival point are at airports served by JAL. Code share flights operated by other airlines are not included.
- Customs clearance and surface transport at the departure point and arrival point have been arranged by the shipper.
- Shipments must not contain dangerous goods, live animals, or other restricted items.
- The airline will accept reservations.
Transport of aid personnel
JAL will provide free air transport on its network for staff of organizations based in Japan, such as the Japanese Red Cross, and other Japanese aid organizations that the airline has worked with in the past.
This contribution will apply to all JAL Group operated international flights from May 16, 2008 to June 16, 2008 (excludes all code share flights operated by other airlines).
Trademarks, brands, copyright and the other intellectual property rights material contained on this website belong to Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. or the applicable owners or third party. The material may be used only for personal use and for non-commercial purposes.