Tokyo June 16, 2015:Japan Airlines (JAL), a member of the oneworld® alliance, was awarded Best Economy Class Airline Seat at Skytrax’s 2015 World Airline Awards, which was held today at the Paris Air Show. The oneworld alliance also was named the World’s Best Airline Alliance for the third year running.
This is the second category win for Japan Airlines at the Skytrax World Airline Awards. The airline’s newest Business Class seat, JAL SKY SUITE, was named Best Business Class Airline Seat by Skytrax in 2013. At today's ceremony, Japan Airlines was also recognized as the first Japanese airline to receive the top honor in the Best Economy Class Airline Seats category.
JAL will continually embrace new challenges to serve customers with more innovative products and high-quality services.
Skytrax World Airline Awards are coveted Quality accolades for the world airline industry. Travelers from across the globe take part each year in the world's largest airline passenger satisfaction survey to decide the award winners. The world Airline Awards are a global benchmark of airline excellence, and widely known as the Passengers Choice awards.
JAL has been introducing its new economy class seat, JAL SKY WIDER, on international routes since January 2013. The seat pitch of JAL SKY WIDER was also increased approximately 10cm to provide more room for seating in the airline's International Economy class. Additionally, the latest JAL SKY WIDER II seat, the second installment of a “New Spacious Economy” on JAL international routes, is currently being installed on its Boeing 787 aircraft in a 2-4-2 seating configuration.
Japan Airlines strives to provide customers with new and innovative products and services under the banner “Embrace new challenges - JAL.”
1. Skytrax: http://www.airlinequality.com/
2. World Airline Awards: http://www.worldairlineawards.com/
3. Best Economy Class Airline seats: http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards/best_economy_class_airlines.html
4. JAL press release--“JAL SKY SUITE Named “Best Business Class Airline Seat” at SKYTRAX’s 2013 World Airline Awards”:
5. JAL Press release--“JAL Launches All-New Products and Services, Starting January 2013 on International Routes”: http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201209/002250.html
6. JAL press release--“JAL SKY SUITE 787 Debut with New Cabin Interior”: http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201409/003069.html
*Please see the attached file.
Trademarks, brands, copyright and the other intellectual property rights material contained on this website belong to Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. or the applicable owners or third party. The material may be used only for personal use and for non-commercial purposes.