Tokyo June 2, 2005: Japan Airlines has received Registration in the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) programme. The IATA Operational Safety Audit programme is an internationally recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an airline.
IOSA was launched in 2003 to meet two specific aviation industry needs in the areas of safety and cost-effectiveness:
1) To provide a system for maintaining the safety of airline operations, the airline industry's and IATA's top priority. Complying with IOSA standards and recommended practices helps an airline deliver operational safety in all aspects of its operations, as well as improving efficiency.
2) The need for a single, agreed common airline audit standard, to replace an ever-increasing proliferation of audits that often overlap in purpose and content, and to ensure quality and consistency in the audit process.
All IATA airlines are committed to undergoing an IOSA audit as soon as practicable.
An IOSA audit covers over 700 published operational standards and recommended practices. It focuses on operational quality and safety management and covers:
- Organization and management systems
- Flight operations
- Operational Control/Flight Dispatch
- Engineering and maintenance
- Cabin operations
- Ground Handling
- Cargo operations
- Operational Security.
IOSA Audits are conducted by Audit Organisations accredited by IATA. Melbourne-based Aviation Compliance Solutions Pty Ltd, one of six such Organisations, conducted the JAL IOSA audit. Airlines on the IOSA Registry are those that have been audited against the Standards and have corrected any findings.
Including JAL, there are currently 41 airlines on the IOSA Registry - www.iata.org/registry
Trademarks, brands, copyright and the other intellectual property rights material contained on this website belong to Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. or the applicable owners or third party. The material may be used only for personal use and for non-commercial purposes.