JAL Named 'Best Economy Class Airline Seats' for the Second Time in the Annual Skytrax World Airline Awards
Japan Airlines (JAL), a member of the oneworld® alliance, has once again been named “Best Economy Class Airline Seats” in the annual Skytrax World Airline Awards at the Paris Air Show today. This is the second time JAL has received the Best Economy Class Airline Seats honor. The airline also took this title in 2015, and received ‘Best Business Class Airline Seats” award in 2013.
The World Airline Awards are most coveted Quality accolades for the airline industry, and are a global benchmark of airline excellence. Travelers across the globe take part each year in the world’s largest airline passenger satisfaction survey to decide the winners.
“It’s a great honor to receive this prestigious award from Skytrax, and recognition by our customers worldwide,” said Yoshiharu Ueki, President of JAL. “We will continue to make every effort to enhance the quality of our services with the aim of becoming the most preferred airline by travelers around the world.”
JAL has been introducing its new economy class seats, “JAL SKY WIDER”, on international routes since January 2013. The seat pitch of “JAL SKY WIDER” was also increased approximately 10cm to provide more space. Additionally, the latest “JAL SKY WIDER II” seat, the second installment of a “New Spacious Economy” on JAL international routes, is currently being installed on its Boeing 787 aircraft in a 2-4-2 seating configuration. JAL is the only airline in the world that continues to adopt an 8-abreast layout for Boeing 787 with increased seat width than the normal 9-abreast economy in an effort to provide customers with innovative products one step ahead of others.
1. Skytrax: http://www.airlinequality.com/
2. World Airline Awards: http://www.worldairlineawards.com/
3. Best Economy Class Airline Seats: http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards/best_economy_class_airlines.html
4. JAL Press release--“JAL Launches All-New Products and Services, Starting January 2013 on International Routes”:
5. JAL press release--“JAL SKY SUITE 787 Debut with New Cabin Interior”: http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201409/003686.html