Basic Agreement Entered between Japan Airlines and Hongyuan Group to Establish Joint Venture
Creating new values to grow cross-border e-Commerce business from Japan to China
Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. (JAL) and Hongyuan Holdings Group Co., Ltd. (Hongyuan Group) agreed on April 8, 2019 to establish JAL Hongyuan Co., Ltd. (JAL Hongyuan), which will be a joint venture to support distribution channels between Japanese companies and EC businesses in China. JAL and Hongyuan Group also agreed to provide a high speed consistent international transportation platform for cross-border EC products for purchasers in China.
Services to be provided by JAL Hongyuan
1) Business matching - to support distribution channels between Japanese companies and EC businesses in China
2) Storage and management of products at a distribution center, which is under construction near Haneda Airport
3) Fulfillment service at the distribution center and arrangement for international air transportation
4) Air transportation from Haneda Airport to Beijing Capital International Airport
5) Cargo handling, customs declaration, and individual deliveries at the cross-border EC customs center managed by Hongyuan Group at Beijing Capital International Airport
6) Support to expand cross-border EC businesses in China
Image of Service
JAL and Hongyuan Group will work towards creating values one step ahead by contributing to both societies by bridging Japan and China using the advantages of JAL’s long term experience in air cargo transportation and using Hongyuan Group`s knowledge and facilities regarding cross-border EC logistics surrounding Beijing, China.
Signing Ceremony in China
(Left) Hongyuan Group CEO, Chen Yuan
(Right) JAL Executive Officer of Cargo and Mail, Hiroo Iwakoshi
The cross-border EC customs center managed by Hongyuan Group at Beijing Airport.
A leading and dedicated cross-border EC facility in China which can handle 10,000 EC packages per hour.
Overview of Joint Venture
Trade name: JAL Hongyuan Co., Ltd.
Established: July 1, 2019 (Tentative)
Address: 10-1 Haneda-asahi-cho, Ota City, Tokyo
Capital and capital reserve: 200 million yen
Investment ratio: JAL: 51%, Hongyuan Group: 49%