JAL signs Memorandum of Understanding with UCLA to Promote Cultural Exchange Programs between Japan and the United States
Strengthening Educational Opportunities for Faculty and Students
In an effort to promote cultural exchange programs between the two countries, Japan Airlines has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Through this partnership, the two entities look to strengthen its ongoing relationship, providing students opportunities to tackle societal issues that exist in the world today.
Over the years, JAL Engineering USA Co., Ltd.1 and members at UCLA`s Terasaki Center for Japanese Studies have collaborated to actively plan social contribution activities, while providing internships to help students develop their business skills during their time at the university.
- Visits and informal exchanges of faculty, scholars, administrators and students in specific areas of education, research and outreach, and exchange of academic information and materials
- Exploration of possibilities for developing joint research programs and collaborations
- Other exchange and cooperation programs to which the parties agree
- Promote cultural exchanges between Japan and America by supporting UCLA researchers and students studying in Japan
- Engage in not only providing support for regions that have suffered from natural disasters, but working to help spread the word to overseas regions
1 JAL Engineering USA is a subsidiary of the JAL Group and handles procurement for airplane parts in the United States
About UCLA Terasaki Center
The Terasaki Center is actively expanding support for faculty and graduate students, building relationships with other universities as well as Japan and Japanese Studies related organizations, and enhancing its role in the community.
About Japan Airlines
Japan Airlines (JAL) was founded in 1951 and became the first international airline in Japan. A member of the oneworld® alliance, the airline now reaches 405 airports in 66 countries and regions together with its codeshare partners with a modern fleet of 234 aircraft. Awarded as one of the most punctual major international airlines and a certified 5-Star Airline by Skytrax, JAL is committed to providing customers with the highest levels of flight safety and quality in every aspect of its service, and aims to become one of the most preferred and valued airlines in the world.