JAL Group Announces FY2021 Domestic Flight Frequency and Fleet Plans
The JAL Group (JAL) today announced the flight frequency and fleet plans for the carrier`s domestic network during FY2021. Due to the impact of COVID-19, further decisions on any changes in frequency and fleet plans will be announced at a later date.
- Flights between Tokyo Haneda=Miyako, Ishigaki, Kumejima will operate under the JL airline code. Based on seasonal demand, flights between Tokyo Haneda=Miyako and Tokyo Haneda=Ishigaki will feature aircraft will larger seating capacity.
- Japan Transocean Air (JTA) will operate seasonal flights between Osaka Kansai=Miyako, Nagoya Chubu=Miyako, and Nagoya Chubu=Ishigaki during peak travel periods.
- Hokkaido Air System (HAC) will launch seasonal flights during the summer season between Sapporo Okadama=Okushiri and plans to maintain three weekly flights between Sapporo Okadama=Memanbetsu.
- Japan Air Commuter (JAC) will increase its flight frequency between Kagoshima=Yakushima, Tokunoshima and Okinoerabu during peak travel periods.
- JAL will continue to add more Airbus A350-900 aircraft into its domestic fleet lineup, while HAC will complete its fleet replacement, featuring the ATR42-600 aircraft, during FY2021. These state-of-the-art aircraft will significantly improve cabin comfort, fuel cost, noise levels, and continue to help reduce CO2 emissions for the JAL Group.
The JAL Group has implemented key measures against COVID-19 to provide our customers with a safe and secure travel experience.
The following schedules are subject to government approvals.
For details, www.jal.co.jp/en
Extension of 2020 Winter schedule. For details, www.jal.co.jp/en
Route will be operated by a Boeing 777-200 (375 seats). Currently operated by a Boeing 737-800 (165 seats). The carrier will operate a daily seasonal flight between Tokyo Haneda and Kumejima during the same period. For details, www.jal.co.jp/en
【Change of Airline/Flight Code on Tokyo Haneda=Miyako, Ishigaki, Kumejima Route】
Starting March 28, flights between Tokyo Haneda and Miyako, Ishigaki, Kumejima will operate under the JL airline code. (Current: NU) This change will enable the carrier to operate larger aircraft to meet passenger and cargo demand.
Route: Tokyo Haneda=Miyako、Ishigaki and Kumejima
Period: from March 28, 2021
On Sale: January 20 (12:00 Japan Standard Time)
For media queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org